Stand up for me
We’ve probably all seen someone get bullied, yelled at or attacked because of their race, gender, size or a huge range of other reasons. Whatever the reason, bullying is never OK and it’s important to stand up for people who are being mistreated.
- Bullying is never ok and is not the victim’s fault
- Offer support to the person being attacked
- If you can, record or screen grab the attack
- Report the bullying to appropriate authorities (e.g. school, Netsafe(external link), NZ Police etc)
- Ask the young person you care about if there's anything else you can do for them
Find community groups that offer support for rangatahi / young people experiencing bullying or discrimination.