Help me to be a champion of reading
There are many ways a rangatahi / young person can discover the joys and benefits of reading and become a Champion of Reading.
Some types of reading include:
- Learning a new game (including video games) by reading instructions
- Following a recipe
- Reading signs, billboards and posters
- Learning the lyrics to a song
- Watching TV with subtitles on
- Representing ideas by drawing or painting
- Sending texts and messages to your mates
- Listening to stories
- Even reading a room
Local libraries are not only a place to borrow books from. You can also find magazines, games, music albums, audiobooks and e-books!
Find the nearest library near you here: Welcome to Public Libraries of New Zealand(external link)