Create a safe space for me
Create a space where a young person you know can feel safe to open up, be themselves, and let you know how they want to be supported.
- Let the young person you're helping choose what a safe space looks like
- A safe space can be anything / anywhere they feel comfortable to express themselves
- Let them know they’re safe and they can talk about anything without being judged
- Consider a "safe space agreement" outlining what is ok to talk and ask about
- It’s about having a strong, empowering relationship with them