Sport Wellington believes physical activity has the power to transform lives and wants everyone to have equitable opportunities to be active, healthy and happy.
Their organisation supports less active populations to make changes towards healthier lifestyles and builds the capability of organisations and individuals. They do this through:
- Delivering the 'Green Prescription' programme to support healthy behaviour change and connect individuals to their community. Head to the Green Prescription Facebook(external link), or the Wellbeing Hub(external link) on their website to see how you can make use of, and enjoy their resources.
- Working with schools on the 'Healthy Active Learning' initiative to support the integration of Hauora into the everyday curriculum and environment for tamariki and rangatahi.
- Creating opportunities to develop leadership capability across the Physical Activity Sector.
- Educating coaches, parents, administrators and participants.
- Supporting communities through funding, such as the new Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Fund.
- Partnering with like-minded organisations and community groups to increase quality opportunities for priority groups; including advocating for, and increasing the value and visibility for these populations.
- Organising regional events such as Brendan Foot Supersite Round the Bays, which provides individuals with the opportunity to get physically active and make a difference through participating or volunteering in this iconic community event.
To talk to someone at Sport Wellington you can call 04 380 2070 or email email@example.com.