Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children are dedicated to supporting any child in New Zealand whose wellbeing is at significant risk of harm now, or in the future.
They also work with young people who may have offended, or who are likely to offend.
Making a report of concern
If you're worried about a child and want to make a referral or report of concern, you can freephone 0508 326 459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch if you think a child or young person may be:
- unsafe or in danger of harm
- suffering from ill-treatment, abuse or neglect
- or you’re not sure if you should be concerned, and want advice, or just to talk things through.
A social worker will work out how urgent this is, and the best thing to do next.
What they'll need to know when you get in touch
- what you're worried about
- details of any incidents, including dates
- details about the child or young person and their family, such as names and addresses.
From 5pm to 8am Monday to Friday, weekends and public holidays, social workers will only assess emergency situations. But please call if you're unsure.
If your enquiry is not about a child but relates to Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, such as policy, procedures, finance, training etc, you can call the main line 0508 326 459 or email email@example.com
If you believe a child is in immediate danger, call the Police on 111.